View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
donnamatrix

Default Call Jim O'Brien in Wolfeboro

Hi
We have a 11 month old Labradoodle, who when we got him in October, was horridly shy. We took him to the AKC puppy course in Meredith, and it was good starting point. We took him to the Lakes Region Pet Resort doggie daycare, but because he was so isolated, we called in Kelly Arborgast who is behaviorist and also a trainer. There are several links on LRPR for trainers:
http://www.lakesregionpetresort.com/Staff.html . Kelly observed Cosmo at the daycare and suggested we take him out of daycare-he needed socialization, and it was making the situation worse rather than better. So we found Jim O'Brien in Wolfeboro

Jim O'Brien of O'Brien's Pet Supply in Wolfeboro is great. Jim is a K9 officer for Wolfeboro. We did several courses with him, and private training at home and outside our home as well. He runs a socialization class every Saturday from 10-11:30 for $5 in Wolfeboro. It's been tremendous for Cosmo. We are now going to put Cosmo through the AKC Canine Good Citizenship course at Jim's. This is the first step you must take to have a therapy dog, which is not what we want for Cosmo. We want the training and socialization. I cannot say enough good things about Kelly and Jim. If anyone had told me in January that Cosmo would end up being able to take - and I believe succeed - the AKC CGC, I would have laughed.... it's been a lot of commitment, but working out well. Jim also has a facebook page.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to donnamatrix For This Useful Post: