View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
ishoot308

Thanked 4,923 Times in 1,906 Posts

Hi Matt;

The autopilot is a great feature. Point your boat in any direction, press a button and it sends you there in a straight line against any wind or waves. I used it last week to troll from Welch island to a point I picked out on Rattlesnake. It took me right there without touching anything non stop.

I did not get the I-Pilot feature. Like you, I felt I would not use it and am glad I didn't bother with it. The Auto Pilot does everything I need.

I bought my motor from Northern Bass Supply in Kingston, NH. http://www.northernbass.com/ No real difference in price than the catalogs, just wanted to keep the purchase local and didn't have to pay for shipping. They ordered everything for me and had it in three days!

I went with the 60" shaft. I could have gone one size shorter but it all depend how high above the deck you want the motor. By the way the shaft on this motor is completely unbreakable! I think it is made out of carbon fiber.

One thing, my motor is heavy. One person can handle it but I would not want to carry it far! If your leaving it mounted on the boat, it's not an issue.

If you go to Minn Kotas web site you can enter your boat size and they will recommend a motor size for you. In my opinion the bigger the better!!

Sorry but I am not familiar with and have never seen a Weeres pontoon.

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links