View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #73
mrschefbrown

I wanted to elaborate on Cheff Jeff & I's expierence at Lavinia's. The food was awesome! We started off with the Seafood Cakes & they were out of this world, very little breading and large chunks of shrimp & scallop, the aioli dipping sauce was delicous. I ordered the Filet, Jeff rolled his eyes at me beacuse it was $30 but I felt I deserved it! And it was well worth it, we have eaten at high end steak houses in Miami & Boston & this was an excellent cut of beef, the sauce, mashed potatoes & asparagus were incredible. Jeff had the BBQ Pork Bellies that were braised and served over french toast with fresh fiddleheads, I didn't think I would really like it but it was awesome. Jeff who is sometimes hard to impress with food was blown out of the water. And for dessert we had the Chocolate Quiche with a Rocky Road topping and again awesome! We will be back for sure...

PS We sat in the pub with our two young kids, and they loved it as well. The service was great & we met some very nice diners sitting in the pub as well.
mrschefbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrschefbrown For This Useful Post: