View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #32
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Too much traffic in the summer time for boat trailer parking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynndog View Post
By the way, does anyone know why at the Alton docks ramp at Shibleys, a place to help Downings launching congestion, you cannot park a trailer across the street; but you can park snow mobile trailers there??
And parking at Letter S road is not the answer I'm looking for.
Both sides of Rte 11 can be covered with parked vehicles in the summer season. Trying to get a boat trailer in and / or out of that space to the left of Pops could be frustrating at best and darn near impossible as the norm.

Snowmobile trailers are generally considerably smaller in length than a boat trailer, and there are often large boats with their large trailers that launch at the Alton Docks. Trying to park them across the street from the docks could be difficult.

Also, the Alton Docks are not there to help Downing's congestion, but has been there for many decades as a free launch facility. Downing's on the the other hand has been a pay to launch until the NH F&G bought the property a year and a half or so.

While you may not want the Letter S road parking as an answer, it is certainly a good answer to launching at Alton Bay. It is only a few minutes ride to the parking area. Then a few minutes back to park your car for the day at the Bay parking area. Just no overnight parking at the bay parking.