View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #19
jrc

It's not fair that you have six boats and some people have only one or even none. That's why the lake is overcrowded.

I'm suggesting a 1970's limit on boats. One boat for every lakefront property, two for islanders. Once these are counted we will subtract them from the actual number of boats on the lake in 1970. Then we will give permits to enough boats to reach those levels. Permits will be given out through a lottery system. It will only be coincidence that contributors to my election fund will get the lions share of the permits.

Gentrification is probably an overall benefit to lake water quality and lake crowding. Think about it and compare the effects of eight 1/4 acre cabins, each with a 1950's spetic system, and a small two stroke outboard, filled to capacity with renters 7 days a week, all summer long. Compared with one 2 acre site, a mcmansion with a 21st centrury septic system, two modern boats with 4 star emmissions, all only used a few weekends a year plus one week in July by a family of four.

Ok I'll give you green lawns work against the mcmansion.