View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #11
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
You still must use some judgment in an emergency:

A few years ago, and before his telephone had been restored for the season, my neighbor staggered over to my place complaining of shortness of breath, and asked that I call an ambulance. I did so, and set him down in my vehicle to await the ambulance.

About 20 minutes later, the ambulance finally arrived, but continued on its way driving past my driveway.

Fortunately, ours is a dead-end road, and I flagged him down on his return. Still more minutes disappeared while he was carried up the hill.

All things turned out well, but I could have driven the same distance to Huggins Hospital in 8 minutes at legal speeds!

It happened in Lake Wentworth, which is technically within the Town Limits of Wolfeboro—but just barely.

The Lake Wentworth Association had previously outlawed the "Jet-Ski"—probably more for their...ummm...err...ummm..."omnipresent ambiance" than to protect the public.

With a little help from the Legi$lature, the "Jet-Ski" model-name morphed into the "PWC" moniker, and all was right with the Lake Wentworth world once again.
You might want to read up on the rules regarding the classification of ski-craft and boats.
Ski-craft is defined in NH as a craft capable of carrying no more than 2 people.

The name "Jet Ski" is a brand/model name, made by Kawasaki.