View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 10:24 AM   #20
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
Rich's posts somehow reminds me of a thread a few years ago. Don't know why.....

Back in the day when I was boating on salt water...anyone with a boat with a Cabin..ie: overnight accommodations.. probably over 20 feet..HAD a Dinghy. That's just the way it was.

Yea Yea..I know: I realize that the lake doesn't allow overnights...but with a 38 foot boat I would think going ashore from time to time would be a nice option. NB

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...light=Hatteras
We do go ashore from time to time. Usually anchor and swim, or tie up at a dock, if we can find room!

A few of my friends have similar sized boats, or larger. I'm certainly not the largest, but my LOA is just an inch over 38. Friends have a 40 ft boat, which seems huge to me, but he has a bow thruster and much more experience than I do!

I sure don't understand why I can't overnight on the lake (I know it's trouble to start mentioning this in any threads here). I have holding tanks, and have been inspected, not a drop of grey or black water can go overboard on my boat. I have power, generator, AC, berths, head, shower, etc. There is no environmental reason not to spend over night. Heck, I do it every weekend, just tied to a dock, so what's the difference? (sorry to get started on this again).

Oh, I do remember that thread too!