Thread: New Appliances
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 08:25 AM   #6
MeredithMan

Baron's is great. We have a 10 year old Thermador oven/range that we bought from them and the middle pane of glass in the oven door recently randomly exploded at 1AM. I opened a Support Case with Thermador and they are giving us the run-around while Baron's is fighting on our behalf.

Separately, I would highly discourage you from the LG, (or Samsung too), fridge. They look pretty with their blinking lights and other features, but they are notoriously unreliable. In our last house in MA, the previous owners had bought an LG Fridge from either Lowe's or Home Depot, just before they sold the house. Within 6 mos, the fridge was dead...compressor shot, and the way it was designed, it could not be replaced. I did a bunch of research at that time, (2017), and they were notorious for compressor failures. Perhaps that has changed by now, but we ended up replacing it with a GE Profile fridge, (which we had had before), and it was rock solid.

(Sorry, I was incorrect in my timing above, as my wife has pointed out....senior moment. The previous owners had purchased the LG fridge 6 mos before we bought the house. It was approx 2-3 yrs old when the compressor died. When we called LG, they told us we would be charged for the initial "assessment" service call; if anything could be fixed, we would have to pay for the parts and the 2nd service call to install it. We did have the initial service call, and the repair guy stated that he had seen many LG failures like ours and advised us not to try to fix it, as it would end up costing almost as much as a brand new fridge)
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote