View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #24
Charlie T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
The words are your words, not mine. It must be a wonderful gift to know what people intentions are. Do you question them first? I would have to guess that people probably purchase about 1/10th of what they look at while shopping. Again, I understand your point but your approach on these posts are puzzling to me.
My company sells High End Pro Audio gear. Think large professional performance venues and such. Much of what we sell requires specialized knowledge and training to operate PROPERLY . When a customer comes into our store we often spend 4 or 5 hours sometimes more with them inquiring about their exact needs, their level of expertise and any other operators who will be using the gear. We demonstrate the various different options the customer has and explain why something is or isn't a good choice for them. We are what is called a "value added retailer" this is something you will never get from an internet source. Perhaps with this further explanation of what we do and what we add to the sale you can see why I'm so opposed to showrooming We don't sell washing machines or coffee makers, we sell specialized gear and offer specialized service. If you walk into a retailer and partake of services such as those that we provide to our customers with no intention of making a purchase in that store...... What would you call it? I know what I call it. Food for thought
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie T For This Useful Post: