Thread: Breakfast
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 12:57 AM   #8
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine girl View Post
Went to Ames Farm Inn for breakfast recently for the first time. The food was good & so was the service. The menu is fairly simple but sufficient. They have neat little coffee mugs that you can purchase in their little shop, which we did. Ames Farm has been there for over 100 years & it was sort of like going back in time.

We have also been to Sunshine & Pa's twice. Once last year & once this year. It was really good & so was the service. They have quite a large menu. It tasted like there may have been a little cornmeal in the pancake which I liked. It also has a sunny & pleasant atmosphere.

On the other hand, we have been to George's Diner twice this year & were very disatisfed with the service. It was incredibly slow, difficult to get waitresses's attention for more coffee & the bill. She never came over to ask how our meal was either. We were sitting at the bar too. It was a little unappetizing having dirty dishes in front of the stool next to us for the whole meal as well. We have been to George's several times in the past & never had these issues. All the waitresses were very busy. I'm wondering if they are just short on help. Hopefully, they will get back on track soon.
I couldn't disagree more. I think George's is very good and it has great service. It is our go to place for lunch.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post: