View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #28
Waterbaby

Default Vitamin D Deficiency

Wish I could find the whole file on things I have read about it but here is a basic synopsis -- The majority of people in the Northern part of North America suffer from a Vitamin D deficiency due to the shorter days year round, not just in the winter, because of the distance from the equator. Vitamin D is needed by our bodies to help our bodies absorb not just calcium, but a lot of other minerals as well. Vitamin D deficiency has been proven to affect moods - the less there is in the body the lower the mood. Some people are more susceptible to it than others.

Basically, the only way to get sufficient Vitamin D is to be in the sun with minimal clothing (if any lol) for a minimum of something like 1/2 hour daily. That, or take a Vitamin D supplement on a daily basis -- in a large dose, as only 1/4 - 1/2 of a supplement pill is actually absorbed by the body, the rest going out in waste fluids. That, or eat many servings of the greens, etc, which contain natural Vitamin D (which can lead to other, um, problems.... shall we say......). Me? I'm going to try one of the "Happy Lights" and see how it works....... I'm generally in a good mood year round, but I will admit to feeling more "worn out" during the colder months/shorter days. I'll get back to you all on that one!