View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #13
PaugusBayFireFighter

I retired a couple years ago, unexpectedly, and decided to move to Laconia full time after only summering on the Lake. My first winter was awful. Going from 60 hours of work in a big city to idle on the couch. Watching the snow blow across the lake ...I felt like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.
After a year of reflection I went into last winter with a hobby, projects and a new found appreciation for the same quiet and snow blowing over the lake.
I looked forward to this winter with the same excitement as summer. If you told me that two years ago I'd say you're crazy..but, it happened. It's almost all in your head and winter becomes what you make of it.
Vitamin D deficiency is a condition most of the posters/readers of this forum will have this winter without diagnosis. It's common around here. Vitamin D is responsible for enhancing intestinal absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphate and zinc. In humans, the most important compounds in this group are vitamin D2 and vitamin D3. When you can't absorb these essential nutrients your mood suffers. I take a Vitamin D3 supplement from November thru March.

Life's short...
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post: