Thread: Fee for Kayaks
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #63
ursa minor

We pay something on the order of $200.00 per year to register our little fleet including roughly $48.00 for a 16 foot sailboat with no engine. On one hand, being able to have the fleet and the front row seat on this amazing lake to use them is a very good problem to have; believe me when I say that I know we've been blessed. On the other hand, where does this stuff end? We have 3 kayaks and they get a lot of use. Another $30.00 a year might not bring us to the tipping point but sometimes it's the principal of the thing. We already pay a lot in fees and taxes as it is. I'm getting a little tired of hearing they need to find new revenues and getting "fee'd" to death as a result. Exactly how did they get things done in the past without all the fees? Then again, when I was a kid the Marine Patrol got by with part time officers and much more modest boats. Now we have "Homeland Security" specials with 400+ HP on the transom and every other bell & whistle imaginable. I guess I just wish there could be a little more balance and common sense when these type of things get suggested. And yes, next I'll be yelling at kids to get off my lawn...