View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 05:28 AM   #98
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver1111
"...A boat like this might pump 30 gallons per minute through the cooling system and if the hose remained close to its' connection point it's also possible an over-heated engine might not be noticed. That's alot of water in-fast..."
Add that weight of water to this excerpt from the original Eagle-Tribune's article:

Quote:
"James Larsen's Cobalt Bowrider took on a big wave around 11:25 a.m., Marine Patrol Lt. Tim Dunleavy said. The eight people aboard donned their life jackets and jumped into the lake as the boat quickly filled with water and started to sink, Dunleavy said."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver1111
"...As to compensation, I started this as a volunteer and continue on that basis at this time. Business has been slow so it's a good time to work this..."
Submit a bill anyway. The insurance company will be especially happy to pay you if this boat is found.

If the Cobalt is determined to be sound, the claimant has less claim to a 100% replacement. If not sound, then the carrier can recover some of its loss from Cobalt.

Even if it's not found this year, a civil lawsuit may provide the incentive by the insurance company to renew the search at a later time. (Adding-in the insurance interests of defendants Cobalt, the dealership, the engine manufacturer, the hose manufacturer and the hoseclamp manufacturer )

Also, my reading of automotive claims has been that the insurance company will pay a large fraction of the new boat's cost, but not replace the boat anywhere-near 100%. The threat of a lawsuit may be sufficient to negotiate the 100%, however.

IMHO.