View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 03:46 AM   #43
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA
"...I took the time to look over your previous posts... and you seem like a good guy...maybe you should be sure you know what's really going on before you post. Just advice from an old guy..."
As one who has actually met—and worked with—new member Winnipesaukee, I can say that you've suggested part of the issue.

Members here can be twice, three times, and even four times+ his age. He does instruct sailboating, which requires much new knowledge and skills beyond powerboating. He's the only person I know who can tie the difficult bowline knot using just one hand! (This, after my clever demonstration of tying a bowline behind my back).

Because forums are a proper place for opinions, I've let many of our posters' comments go—such as how dangerous it is to use one's seat belts, that sunken snowmobiles are harmful to the environment (duh), or that the smaller powerboat at Long Lake was underway and driven into its final destiny.

Maybe one "should know what's going on before you post". But like the majority of headlines regarding "Big Lake" events, we are kept guessing for weeks—sometimes we never know. While fraud was an over-reach, speculation could disclose support for the final story.

Most of us, I'm sure, are surprised that some brand new powerboats over 21' could sink completely out of sight; however, even that revelation wasn't supported by a reference source, and remains speculative—IMHO.