Thread: Anchor Marine
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagigator View Post
Really enjoying the new Anchor Marine web cam, fun to watch all the different boats and folks.......
...especially on this busy weekend.

I set up the new camera for Anchor Marine last Friday. The new camera is actually temporary and will be replaced again with an even higher resolution camera after it is repaired. I'll also add a wide-angle lens soon so the Mount will again be in the frame.

We also just set up a Facebook page for Anchor Marine. Please visit and "Like" it to get news about Anchor Marine and their webcam.

For those interested, the new camera will allow the retirement of the remarkable computer in the picture below. This computer was installed in 1999 to control the original WeirsCAM and the Anchor Marine CAM was soon added. Year-around for 12 years this computer has faithfully uploaded the webcam images (millions?) without a single hardware failure or problem, even during long cold winters when the pier was closed and unheated. In recent years it just controlled the Anchor Marine CAM and now is not needed at all. I feel like it deserves a little ceremony when finally unplugged.

webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post: