View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #11
Belmont Resident

Default I used to love it, then I moved here.

I started coming up with my two young boys in the early 90’s and staying at the campground by Long Island Bridge. We would spend many weekends and the week of the 4th at the campground camping, fishing and boating.
Then in 2000 I met a fine you woman in Manchester NH who eventually became my wife. She owned a house in Belmont NH.
Shortly after getting married the electronics industry tanked and I started up my current business of painting and snowplowing.
And now we can’t wait to move away because in the last ten years the traffic in this area has gotten unbearable.
I can understand why people from say Center Harbor to Wolfeboro and on don’t understand how bad it is. I just did a job for someone in Ossipee and that side of the lake is so much different then it is from Center Harbor around to Alton. Also unless your job has you driving around in this area you could not possibly understand how bad it has gotten in the last 10+ years.
I was talking with someone from Ossipee and they compared the Laconia side of the lake to driving in Nashua traffic. I concur.