View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 02:32 AM   #25
ApS

Wink Don't Take Gravel for Granite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
The residents had a chance to get the road paved, but they voted it down because they wanted to keep the speed down and the country feel.
I've got both "paved" and "gravel" on a private road, and "gravel" wins. The other eleven residents on my road maintain the "gravel" part year-round, and have properties with a collective value of about $18,000,000. What do you bet that the "paved" part—which is breaking up—is returned to gravel?

Except for those driving other-people's-vehicles , traffic is "tamed", and noisy bikers don't want their chrome dusty.

If your lot is dense with trees, any dust tends to settle-out on their leaves: our vehicles have an awful look, but it's because they're covered in pollen!

A neighbor's private road was a dirt road, then a new neighbor moved in with a Ferrari, and convinced his neighbors that the road just had to be paved.

But I'd take a look at the paving on Winnipesaukee Drive near the Alton/Wolfeboro line before paving! (Big permanent bumps! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
(Is it something in the water that makes everyone seem so nice and happy?)
It's the granite.

You can buy the "granite dust" saved from granite engravers to spread on your garden!

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote