View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #17
wishiwasthere

Default great thread Pineedles!

I will try find my pics of my dogs that both passed away last summer. The "yippie" rat terrier, although rare for the breed, loved the water, as long as there was a ball thrown off the dock, or into the water, she would swim forever. She would also ride in the cockpit of the kayak with me, and then venture out on the front of it and enjoy the ride. Had to scoop her out a few times! My shepard/golden tried to "save" me and my 3 yr old son, one time on a tube. She jumped off a rock and headed out to us. Luckily, she was intercepted by my hubby, or we would have been deflated and gone down. I miss these dogs, and although the yipping can be annoying, I learned this summer that she really kept the squirells and chipmunks out of our yard at home. The critters have taken over!! I just know my dogs loved the lake, and didn't bark at night or at neighbors. My cat on the other hand would probably have stripped the area of all small living creatures,and maybe not so small, so he stays home! Sorry to the kitty's!
Keep the pics coming, love them all!!!
wishiwasthere is offline   Reply With Quote