View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #38
jmen24

True, but everyone has a different comfort zone for speed while traveling on the highway. Granted the folks that are going eighty and above are really putting themselves at risk as well as everyone they pass. But my thought is this, being that I tend to be 10 to 13 (and yes that is a magic number) over when traveling on four lane highways, when conditions apply. I do not force anyone else to travel at my comfortable speed, but by not letting anyone pass I am being forced to travel at someone elses comfortable speed. "Live Free or Die, thats the NH way" Does not seem to mean the same thing as it did when I was a kid. I am not saying that you are wrong regarding the over the speed limit thing, but to each his own. Paying attention, both in front and behind while traveling on the highway will keep you out of trouble for the most part.

State police do not travel the speed limit for a reason, it creates congestion on the highway. Traveling in the passing lane at a speed within 5 mph of the car you are passing also creates a back-up and bunches up the cars that are all now in a big yank to get by the slower traffic.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote