View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #11
boat_guy64

Default I'll set the record straight

Winnipesaukee...You're an **** and I expect a full written apology for your stupid and inconsiderate words.

I was on that boat with the other family. If you think we'd risk our kid's and wive's lives for the insurance, you're even stupider than most of your posts. The boat was a 6 hour old Cobalt 246. (A leftover from Thurstons) and it was definately an issue with the boat. It is rated for 15 people. The 4 kids weigh around 100 lbs or less.

The boat suffered a catostrophic failure (of the hull, something not tightened or something, We'll only know when it is recovered). I've logged 200 hours in the past three years on Winnipesaukee and while the waves weren't calm, I've seen worse.

Someday, I'll write the full story of what happened and how some kind people came to our aid. The comments made by a few idiots in this forum made me too angry to do that at this time.

Note: If your Cobalt fills with water, it may sink fast just like this one did. As the skipper's daughter said....just like the Titanic.

On positive buoyancy.....Government regulations and Cobalt only provide positive buoyancy up to 21 feet. (So says Thurston's staff when we asked them at the urging of Marine Patrol)
boat_guy64 is offline   Reply With Quote