View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #37
SIKSUKR

Default WMUR website

HUDSON, N.H. —Customers of Fred Fuller Oil are again expressing frustration with the oil company, with some saying they can't get through on the phone to place an order and others being told there's a 10-day wait list to get oil.
Related

News 9 attempted to talk to Fred Fuller directly about the issues, but he wasn't available at his Manchester home or at the company's Hudson headquarters.

The recent phone issues at the state's largest oil provider, coupled with delivery backlogs, have sparked outrage and fear among customers who are flooding state offices and WMUR with calls and emails.

"We're almost out of oil," said customer Paul Magum, who said he plans to switch oil companies. "We called, and they said it will be 10 days, and I said, 'We're below a quarter of a tank. We're almost out.' They said, 'Well…'"

Company officials said the phone system has caused problems, and the company bought new phones to address the issue. Business manager Oren Havey said crews have been working to meet the demand, which has been exacerbated by extreme cold.

"This Saturday, they worked until about 6:30," he said. "This Sunday, we had guys out putting oil in for people who'd run out. We run six, sometimes seven days a week. But right now, I'll be honest with you, my guys are getting burned out."

Sprague Energy Corp., which supplies oil to Fred Fuller Oil, said it has been able to meet all of its customer demands this season. It said demand is high, but there is no shortage.

“I’m hoping we have enough to get through tonight,” said Bob Stewart of Manchester.

Stewart is 79 years old and the last thing he wants to do is be up all night worrying about whether the heat’s going to stay on, he said. Fred Fuller failed to make a promised delivery to his home Monday, he said.

“It’s right almost on E,” Stewart said.

Stewart, who pays a monthly rate and already sent his check in for March, said he has dropped his thermostat and is wearing a sweater.

He’s one of many customers stuck in yet another holding pattern, unable to reach the company by phone and waiting for deliveries.

“What’s the matter with this guy?” Stewart asked. “We’ve been dealing with him for years. He’s done a great job. All of the sudden, he’s the largest one in the state and he fails to deliver? I don’t understand it.”

Millard Williams, 71, of Derry said he has been trying to get through to Fred Fuller since last week.

"I just want to know what's going on, that's it," Williams said.

A Marine Corps veteran of the Vietnam War, Williams fell last year and suffered nerve damage in his leg.

“Right now, I’m more or less house-bound. I’m in a wheelchair. I can’t go outside and I can’t go up and down stairs,” he said.

He also can’t check his furnace, which was just under a quarter-tank full. He said he’s hoping the company can resolve its problems and get back to him soon.

“Well, you worry. You just want an answer,” Williams said.

Williams and Stewart said they are both willing to give the company the benefit of the doubt.

“Let’s see what he does,” Stewart said. “We’ve been good customers for him, so we’ll see how he handles it.”

Stewart said he ran out of oil around 9:30 p.m. Monday.

With money already paid to Fuller for the month, he doesn’t want to spend money elsewhere because he and his wife are on a budget, he said.

An official said the company is still dealing with phone problems and a delivery backlog.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/money/frustratio...#ixzz2v1ZkyOiH