Thread: Lobster Pound
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #64
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
From the Open Table description...

Celebrating more than 35 years, the Faro Italian Grille has stood as a cornerstone of Weirs Beach, NH on beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee.
Is it just me or is that a huge stretch of the truth? As "Faro Italian Grille", they're not even open yet. As the "Weirs Beach Lobster Pound", they've only been open since 2007 or 2008 (by the current owners). The original registration of "The Weirs Beach Lobster Pound and Barbeque Pit" dates back to 1980 (original owners unknown). In 1990, the name changed to "Weirs Beach Lobster Pound", owned by Weirs Beach Family Restaurant, Inc. I don't understand how the current owners can claim "Celebrating more than 35 years..." when they have only operated there for 7 years.

Good timing; they just completed the registration of the new name effective yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
From the Open Table description...

It’s easy to see why the Faro Italian Grille, just yards from Weirs Beach on beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee, is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. Our guests are welcome to stroll our indoor and outdoor decks overlooking the boardwalk and sands of Weirs Beach,...
YARDS?!? When I read "just yards", I'm not thinking of 50 yards! And, I'm sorry but I don't believe they "overlook" the "boardwalk and sands of Weirs Beach". True, they are uphill from the beach but they're still 50 yds away. You'd need binoculars to identify a person on the beach.

Go ahead, call it nitpicking but I prefer to think of it as truth in advertising.