View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 10:42 PM   #3
fatlazyless

Cool

I happen to know that there was this one house over on Meredith Bay, on Pinnacle Park, that was listed back in the early Sping for 1.4 mil. A beauty of a house it was, too. In 2002, the owners of the old winni lakehouse had it torn down and built a new three level - four bed - two car attached garage house on this somewhat steep 1/4 acre lot w/ about 110 ' of wf, all facing the beauteous western setting sun as it goes down clunk between the new Meredith Ridge and the GrossePoint. What-a-house, what-a-wf, what-a-lot, and what a sunny western orientation. Anyway, first it was listed at 1.4 mil back last Spring. Then it got lowered to 1.3, and then to 1.2, and then to 1.1,and then in August to $995,000., and bingo, it sold off in about one week for a selling price that was very close to the asking price of 995,000.

Maybe someone , hopefully, knows more than my 3rd hand info, but I hear that there's lots and lots of inventory above the one mil price and it just isn't seling now, the way that it was one and two years ago. Who knows why? Maybe the higher interest rates, maybe the high price of gas is keepin the big money types from fuelin up their Escalades, maybe maybe, all the easy stock market money from the '90's has been spent.....who knows? Anyway, the homes over 1 mil are kind of just sitting and not selling, or something. What do I know, I still read Mad Magazine!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote