View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #135
Bentley Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
BB,take this for what its worth.Your only hurting your cause here in my mind.As many members know here,I was friends with Steph and an aquaintence of Erica having rafted with her for more than a few years.I said my piece on those long threads about the accident but have since moved on.Reading your aggressive posts don't help her position in my mind.If she really is a friend to you then you might want to rethink your tactic.JMO
Thank you for your comments, truly. Let me be clear. I do not consider my role to be Erica's defender. She is a mature and very capable woman who really does not need anyone's help. What I have attempted to do though is get the real facts out there whether they were favorable to Erica or not. Erica was found guilty to the lesser charge which I believe was fair. Her family's money did afford them good counsel but it only assured them that Erica would be tried fairly. (Thank God none of these posters sat on her jury!!) My problem is with how every aspect of this case has been challenged by posters. Example: It all started with LLM "losing" the Formula franchise. Not true, in fact they are still a dealer. The real problem was, as they say, "It's the economy stupid!!" Or how about the accusations that Erica and her companions were drunk at the accident scene?? Not true, in fact the court records reveal that on the boat there were several large unopened liquor bottles and one small bottle with most of its contents still in place. Witnesses testified that all three woman appeared to be sober leaving the Wolfe Trap hours earlier. There was an early report that there were empty beer cans found on the shore where the crash occurred. But if you knew Erica as you say you do, you would know that she does NOT drink beer. But still the posters here seem to know better and insist she was drunk. Oh yes, one of my favorites was Erica's work release program. For the record, the work release program was part of her sentencing because of extenuating circumstances at LLM. These posters demanded a heavier sentence for her and even pledged to seek out their own form of justice. I could go on and on with electronics and GPS speculations, who owns the railroad bridge, what that bridge might do to PBM, slander of the LLM ownership and organization, etc. These same posters do not believe that I am who I say I am. I guess that is because what I have offered to clear up the facts does not fit into their spiteful and uninformed agenda. I fear that many people would be elated to hear the heavy toll this tragic accident has taken on the Blizzard family, its friends as well as LLM's superb reputation. The vultures only tried to make it even more painful for them. Shame!! Shame!!

So when I used the word "victim" I guess I should have been clearer. The victim I am referring to is the person or event this forum makes into a victim, worthy or not.