View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 06:27 PM   #13
glastron guy

Thank you for all your comments. I was actually at the last red marker maybe a little past heading towards Meredith. It is the one on the Bizer map right where it says spindle point. I was definately on the right side of the marker and I don't think it moved but I supose it could have. I was somewhat closer to the marker than I normally would have been because I had someone right on my tail and was unable to move over. I don't normally return that way because as others have said it can be hard to see the markers in the glare of the sun. But on Sunday I could see very well and I have a nice GPS so between the two I am sure I was where I needed to be and when I got back to the dock I checked the trails on the GPS and none of them showed me on the wrong side of the marker. I have always gone between Eagle and Governors but I had always seen boats going the other way and I thought it would be easier. We traded up to a 26ft Rinker this year and when we went out for the first ride I had the guy from the Marina take me through there going both ways to be sure. I consider myself lucky as I only damaged one of the props and it has already been replaced. It could have been much worse. Needless to say I will be going between Eagle and governors from now on. When we were going out a guy in a pontoon boat was way off course close to Eagle and when I tried to wave him over to where he should be he gave me a big wave back and kept going, go figure. I don't post often here but I read every day. Thanks again for you comments and ideas.
glastron guy is offline   Reply With Quote