View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #86
Belmont Resident

Default dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Well speaking about cars and dealers.....A few months ago I brought the wifes CRV in for an oil change and noticed for a week or so after that it was leaving little drops of oil where ever she parked in the driveway. I brought it back (to the Honda dealer who changed it) and the service guy told me their "lead tech" checked it out and it just wasn't all wiped clean underneath after the change. Really??? it leaked for a straight week because it wasn't wiped clean with a rag??? I didn't bother going there and I just left. Sometimes they think people are stupid.
The one really good thing all dealerships are good at is lying. From the salesman to the service dept they will say whatever they need too, to cover their ass or make a sale.
Point in hand, my wife talked to a salesman at Subaru of Manchester about a new Impreza. She was told they are such a hot item that there are none in the NE area.
So being the savy computer person she is, she googles dealerships starting at 50 mile radius then 100 miles. Low and behold there were a lot of them at other dealerships within the NE area, but not in Manchester.
I sent them an e-mail asking about this and got a generic reply of we have not seen you in over 2 weeks, our inventory is changing all the time, please visit us again.
This was the day after she visited them. It goes to show just how on top of their game they really are.