View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #24
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
A new transmission and now a new engine is not a use problem but a manufacturing/design problem. A car doesn't care if you run up the miles in a year or 10 years, in fact some make the case where under use is worse for a machine than getting used regularly or even "heavily" used.

I Concur. However, we don't really know yet where the problem is. (Other than we lost a quart of oil in 55 miles.) I REALLY don't believe it's Possible to BURN that much oil in 55 miles.....SO..I consider THAT option OUT.

I also don't believe that Hyundai builds an engine that is THAT poorly designed. I suggest this might be a Dealer "Technician" problem. If the assigned technician is ...in over his head ??..........

(This happened to me in 1979 with my bran new Honda Accord. FIVE transmission removals later. I took it to Another dealer and it was fixed post haste.)

I think this problem is not complicated. Find out where the oil is going and FIX it. NB

EDIT: I just looked: I may be at my 5 posts per day limit...so no further advice will likely be forthcoming.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote