Thread: Braun Bay ???
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #37
livefreeordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
I don't know about all of you but one of my favorite things to do in the summer is Rafting at Braun Bay... Such a good group of people that you get to meet and just enjoy what the lake is meant for. Given there is always the person who has had too much, or the boat that thinks everyone in the bay wants to hear hip hop music, but overall it is one of my favorite activities. Lately however I have been pretty upset with the marine patrol. As an example I was over in Braun Bay on the 4th having an absolute GREAT time.. I was not rafted to anyone and was the 5th boat there. I made sure we were not between the markers and the shore....... Anyway as the day goes on the place fills up. A few people are tied together more then 2 boats but for the majority everyone is only tied up 2 by 2. The MP cowboys come in. 2 boats. The start in the front and start clearing people out and citing them. Apparently you can not be rafted with 50 feet of anyone else or 75 feet from shore. If you are familiar with this particular bay you would fit perhaps 10 boats in there if you had to be 50 feet from everyone. I asked if I was there first isn't it the responsibility of those arriving after me to be shore to be 50 feet away? I was told I have to tell others to stay away????? Pretty much it ruined everyones afternoon. They were not professional and down right rude to people. At one point I was helping shuttle people out of the bay between the boats (dragging them out by hand so people don't hit their engines on anchor lines) and they yelled at me because I was apparently in their path. Unfortunately I think this is just a glimpse of things to come.
I had the same run in with the rude MP Officer on the 4th. We were there all day and many boats surrounded our 29ft sea ray. In the late afternoon I could see the officer making his way in towards the huge group of boats around us. About and hour went by and I noticed he was pulling up along side the boat. The officer pulled up yelling at us saying I told you guy to move you are rafting to close. then he starts yelling you have ten min to move or im giving out tickets for rafting. So I jump in the water pull all anchors and wait while he does his safety check we pass and then he says wait for your ticket. I was like for what he says for rafting to close. Everyone in the boat was questioning his judgment and telling him how they feel about his attitude. Which only made him more rude and making fun of other people in the boat. Everyone around us snuck out while he was tied up with our boat. It was kind of funny it went from 30 boats around us to 0 in 20 minutes.
I have been on the lake my all 30 years of my life and I have never seen a MP officer so unprofessional.
livefreeordie is offline   Reply With Quote