Thread: Braun Bay ???
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #5
OCDACTIVE

I agree with you both, to a point. I think the Marine Patrol are great when they are realistic. Making sure the waterways are safe should be their priority. However I feel politics have played too much of role. I think many MP's especially the veterans are there to make sure safety is being adhered to however the younger guys, trying prove themselves, have a much different thought process. They are there to make a quota. I am not going to name names but a reliable source explained to me that the marine patrol is the only division in the state of NH that has to explain why they "did not" issue a citation. I do not know if that is for all Marine Patrol officers or just the younger guys. But frankly it shows that their mission isn't safety but financial.

I also am appaled that they are not allowed to tow. In my younger years I was out in the broads jumping waves in a 13ft whaler with a 25 hp. I was young and didn't know better..... The engine actually cracked off the back and was hanging by battery cords. I was able to push the engine back in the boat. However a MP comes up to me to see what the story was. I ask for a tow to Trexlers, about 1/2 mile away. He says he isn't allowed to??? so much for helping........

A little off topic but just trying to make a point.. I think there are many safety issues out there that need enforcement not breaking up peoples clean fun.