View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #18
CanisLupusArctos

All: THANK YOU. It means more than you know. The last couple months have felt like there's been a hungry alligator in every pathway. I turned to weather forecasting as a relaxation thing. It can be; especially on this forum, which is a place where those of us who've been around a couple years or more are all familiar with each other. Or as the 'Cheers' theme said, "Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name..." But this time BR's response reminded me that criticism and possibly getting it wrong are part of the meteorology game, and I remembered that the old-fashioned way of relaxing is face-to-face, as portrayed in the Cheers show. So, I shut the computer off and spent time with people in-person. When the Nicole remnants passed, I enjoyed that incredible weather weekend with friends I haven't seen in a while: apple picking, then enjoying some apple crisp while catching up with each other's lives on the dock, in the sun. Now I have to thank BR for that.

As for the remnants of Nicole, it was, as others have mentioned here, a disaster of a storm. Where she hit, she hit hard. She just didn't hit east of I-93 very hard. Oh well. That's meteorology.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CanisLupusArctos For This Useful Post: