View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #179
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post

You may find that bluster and threats are your kind of answers, but there is much to dislike about the arrogance found amply among SOS boaters.

Be sure to check on their choice of firearms aboard and their propensity for liquor. Search "Tanqueray" for a thread on drinking aboard, and some light may glow near the VitaBene horizon.

I've seen only one SOS member who agreed with SOTD, TB, BI, ApS and elchase. His was the most introspective response there in a decade. He was full of empathy for the boaters who weren't elite and smug, "30-somethings".

Among the usual wildly self-congratulatory SOS membership—nobody came forward to counter his argument. His arguments against night travel at high speeds was particularly convincing.

SOS is the only forum of whom I'm aware, has called Don a Nazi in print.

IMHO.
APS are you saying that I am threatening you in any way? if so you may need to seek professional help.

I don't even know what an SOS forum is, when I googled it the 10 top hits weren't about boats.

Regarding guns on boats: while I have a license to carry in MA and NH, I don't think I ever have on my boat. Now if I were offshore in certain foreign waters, I would do so.

Regarding drinking alcohol on my boat, It happens just about every time we are on the water. It is perfectly legal and safe. I should not even have to add this disclaimer but knowing how APS Parsi works, the operator of my vessel is never under the influence of alcohol.

You, sir, and your cronies need to stop trying to lump everyone who disagrees with your positions as thugs and outlaws. It is untrue, and frankly makes people see you for what you are.