View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
NH tourism commercial: "Live Free & Catch the Wind." Welcome to New Hampshire, the wind turbine state; new frontier-big wind, for www.iberdrolarenewables.us ... Route 93-Exit 26, high up in nearby Groton, NH - 24 large white wind turbines all turning majestically in the early morning sun making zero-pollut'n, clean electricity!

New Hampshire, where your electric bill is dirt cheap, and your meter runs backwards on a day with moderate wind!
Enjoy that sight, brought to you by and subsidized by all of us TAXPAYERS. Electricity is not dirt cheap here and every time I see a wind turbine my blood boils that I have to pay for a far more expensive and less efficient solution just cause it "feels" good to be "green".

I read this just the other day and it is so true yet falls on deaf ears, why cause those that are pushing this crap just think as long as they believe something it has to be. Ignorance to say the least...

Natural gas power plants do not require any kind of taxpayer subsidies. Gas is plentiful, and it’s far “greener” than the coal-burning plants that are being phased out every day. Wind has a place in the generation mix, and if consumers are willing to pay through the nose for 100% wind power, then they should be free to do so. But it’s hard to justify wasting more taxpayer dollars propping up a technology that has had more than a decade to establish itself and yet still can’t stand on its own.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: