View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #47
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnowSlide View Post
Last night I went to the " Captain's Quarters" ( One of the guys who is going, his garage is Mammoth. I keep my boat in his garage during the winter. His boat is inside there as well as 2 cars and his truck, work bench area, pool table, small TV, and an REAL old soda machine that works. Heated at 65 and Admirals are not allowed to give orders. ) We get together almost every Sunday night for eating and laughs. The highlight last night was the talk of the Winnie trip.

I gave everyone the 1st of many itineraries. I down loaded Photos, brochures, Printed pictures from google earth and they have the link to this chat so they can read up.

Equipment wise our boats are set up well. VHF, Chart plotters, some radar, Depth, Fish finders and on and on.

Everyone is good with Boater safety courses and 2 have Capt licenses.

Launching.. I am thinking we will launch next to the Inn. Good? Is there a better place?

Is there a car wash close by? When we pull out of Winnie we want to clean the boats as to not cross contaminate? We give them a good wash down and then we go to a shopping area parking lot so the Admirals can assault our credit cards and we can detail clean trailers, breaks, out-drives, hulls ex.. We have spray bottles with vinegar/ water solution to help in killing the hitchhikers if we find any after power washing.

Restaurants with docks?

Is the marine police cool with cooking with gas grills on the boat? They are all marine set ups. 2 years ago we had a visit by a fire fan boat saying they had a report of smoke coming from our boats. It was kind of funny. We didn't want them to feel like it was a waist of there time and resources so we did what every other boater would do.. Yup.. We fed them.

Is there good places on the lake where we can all raft up?

Is there beaches that we can bring the boats close to and enjoy for the day?

Than you again for all your help... Best regards to all. Black Snow Slide
The launch next to the Hotel, Center Harbor town ramp, will be perfectly fine to accomodate your needs. There are town docks right there for you to tie up to as well. You'll want to visit Braun Bay to anchor and hang out for the day. Pay attention to strict laws on Rafting as discussed in other threads. Braun Bay is a must visit for you! If you have young kids, or not, a trip to Weirs Beach is in order for sure. Then for the exact opposite experience head on down through the Broads down to Wolfeboro. The best part of the lake is the different personalities each town has. I love the Weirs for the arcades, boardwalk, pizza, and laid back fun. Wolfeboro has that quaint New England town feeling, totally different but nice in its own way. Public docks at both places fill up fast on a Saturday, be patient. Oh yeah by the way make sure you cruise the channel while down at the Weirs. Stop in at the Nasua for a drink and you'll be treated to some fun people and boat watching as well as live entertainment right on the beach!

There is a car Wash on the Center Harbor, Moultonboro Line, just up the street from your hotel. The bays should be large enough to accomodate you.

Have fun!
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote