View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #26
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by This'nThat View Post
I agree; Alton Bay is very friendly to visitors. See landmarks below in picture. All you have to do is to avoid the airplanes, and you're all set. [P.S., you might have to break thru the ice, also, depending on when you want to launch your boat].
Your are right Alton Bay is very friendly to visitors, been going there since diapers! And hope to continue till the rocking chair!!!

That said, the boat ramp is not ideally suited to day visitors, as there is no dock and no trailer parking and even the car parking is very limited in the summer. I'm sure it fills the need for the locals who have someone on the boat when launching and drive it right away to where ever they are going and the truck/trailer goes back to home. But when you have a wife watching the kids and you have to launch the boat by yourself and then park the truck/trailer and load the family up, well you get the picture,,,

It would be sure nice to have a full featured public ramp with plenty of parking and docks on the south side of the lake (anyone from the state listening???). Seems like the least one could expect for all the registration $$ I spend. And yes I register in NH because I use their waters!

Alternatively, I have no issue paying for reasonable accommodations and have done so at Ames Farm for many years now. I NEVER complain about the cost because I get a good value for my $$ and the people were GREAT!

I am truly saddened they have suffered for reasons I don’t fully understand, but I have little ability to do anything about that.

So now I need to look for other day ramp options, and I’m all ears,,,

p.s. If there is a fund to help the Ames Farm folks, I will happily contribute. HAPPILY!!!
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote