View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #32
BernerGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Legals and the Common Man may be chains but their food, service and consistencey are excellent. The Woodshed, historically a wonderful choice, appears to be struggling with quality and consistency. Given the recent foreclosure activity the picture is starting to come into focus. While I like a unique independent restaurant as much as the next guy, having one of these well run "chains" operate in the Woodshed building would likely be an excellent outcome. In my opinion, it is the unique building and location of the Woodshed that define the dining experience, not whether the restaurant is owned by an individual or a "chain".
I have to disagree with referring to Common Man restaurants as having food, service, and consistency at the level of excellent. I have found one or two good and the rest okay. I have yet to have a meal at the rte 104 diner that did not come out of the microwave, and service has been good and awful, never excellent. I will keep trying though. I guess microwaving everything would be consistent, but I'm thinking it is not what you meant. I would rather see another O's or Canoe go in there, but I would be happy with a resurgence of the Woodshed as well. If I had the money and a death wish, I'd open a second restaurant up herebut let's leave that to the sadists. Hoping for good news for the Woodshed.
BernerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BernerGuy For This Useful Post: