View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #106
garysanfran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetbiker View Post
I couldnt have put it better myself Woodsy. I've lived in eye sight of the weirs my whole life, if they could do what you said it would turn around the weirs and make it boom again. A couple cool groovy new bars would be cool, You want to attract the college kids, these are the ones that are going to be growing up and wanting to buy places on the lake
Bring back Teen Haven and Winnipesaukee Gardens! These were destination sights that brought hundreds from all over every Friday and Saturday nights. The "Gardens" changed with the ever changing demographics. My parents listened and danced to Duke Ellington. I did the same to Vanilla Fudge and The Turtles. The places were always jammed. I was a teenager and don't think there was alcohol at Teen Haven. I don't know about The Gardens. I think if you were over 21, you'd BYOB!

My parents had friends on Bear Is. that had a steel-hulled tugboat named 'Lil Toot. They'd pick-up my parents and other friends and have a bond fire burning on the steel bow (it was a BIG boat). After a night at The Gardens you could hear the "revelry" from a great distance as 'Lil Toot made the rounds returning everyone home. This wouldn't happen today! The Lake had a lot less people then, but The Weirs had a lot more!
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post: