View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #62
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
Below are recent quotes by others about a horsepower limit. I posted an example of it happening somewhere else. You agree with them so you think their posts are OK. You disagree with me, so you perceive my posts as inflammatory.

"I highly doubt we will ever see that limit, especially on Lake Winni."

"Speed Limits, sure I see it happening, (obviously). HP limits? Way way way too much money at stake for the state of NH to even consider it. They'd be cutting off their nose/face/head etc. You can spin the tourism vs Speed Limit argument in your favor to actually make some people believe it but even the dumbest politician would belly laugh at the idea of HP limits on Winni. For reasons already posted here but NH would never deliberately kill the many businesses who rely on large horsepower boats to do business on the lake."

"A horsepower limit, not in my lifetime, not on Winni. Squam and smaller lakes absolutely. Winni is too large a body with too much economic impact at stake."

"I'm 60 years old. I seriously doubt I will see a horse power limit on Lake Winnipesaukee in my life. Nor do I think any current poster needs to worry much about it in their lives."

Bear Islander please point to the law you speak of. I have searched and I can not find any 500hp limit that was enacted. There was talk of one but I did not see any mention of it in the Alabama Boating Regulations.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote