View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #19
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
The Coast Guard has a large number of outboard powered boats that use twin or even triple 200-250-hp V6 outboards, and they have probably tried every manufactorer's product in their quest to get a reliable engine that works for them. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but from the news photos it seems like they have settled on Honda for now.

Locally in Gilford come next summer, just take a look-see from the Gilford town docks at the aproximately 15 different MP boats tied to the docks and every one runs on a Mercury 2-stroke optimax 150-200-250, in a single or in a twin-rig. For the MP's smaller boats out on Squam, Newfound and many many other lakes, could be they use the smaller boats with the 90-hp Evin-rukis.
Marine Patrol also has a couple of Evinrude Etecs as does the Seatow boat on Winni. Coast Guard also has some Etecs in their arsenal.

Most all mordern outboard manufacturers produce good reliable engines now. They are chosen by individuals or organizations for various reasons. Kind of like the Chevy /Ford debate!

For me personally in four stroke, I like Yamaha. Especially their new lightweight V-max SHO.

In two stroke I like the Rude Etec. I have two on two seperate boats and they have been very reliable, fuel and oil efficient, and extremely clean and green 100% EPA compliant with the lowest reportable emissions of any outboard brand even the four strokes!

I also like Chevy's!!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote