Thread: 2012 Fuel Costs
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #50
Belmont Resident

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
No doubt politics and Wall Street are having some effect of the prices we see at the pump. But I also wonder if all the bull crap over in the Middle East is making the biggest difference?
At least one candidate (who is no longer a candidate) promised us $2 a gallon gas if he was to become our next President.
Would you agree that our current President would lower the price to $2 a gallon before the November election, if he could, to guarantee re-election?
IMO I think the President has less to do with gas prices than any on the other 3 reasons mentioned above.
From what I have been told the government has a lot more control over gas prices then we are lead to believe. I for one would not be surprised to find obama manipulates the prices so that he looks good during an election year. I don’t trust him at all.
Isn’t it sad, 20 years ago you would not hear of people talking such trash about the President of our country. Today you hear it on a regular basis.
Considering what we have to chose from I don’t see it ending any time soon.