View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #115
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Bring back Teen Haven and Winnipesaukee Gardens! These were destination sights that brought hundreds from all over every Friday and Saturday nights. The "Gardens" changed with the ever changing demographics. My parents listened and danced to Duke Ellington. I did the same to Vanilla Fudge and The Turtles. The places were always jammed. I was a teenager and don't think there was alcohol at Teen Haven. I don't know about The Gardens. I think if you were over 21, you'd BYOB!

My parents had friends on Bear Is. that had a steel-hulled tugboat named 'Lil Toot. They'd pick-up my parents and other friends and have a bond fire burning on the steel bow (it was a BIG boat). After a night at The Gardens you could hear the "revelry" from a great distance as 'Lil Toot made the rounds returning everyone home. This wouldn't happen today! The Lake had a lot less people then, but The Weirs had a lot more!
What memories ! I had such a good time at Teen Haven and the Winnipesaukee Gardens. There were so many great bands. It was such fun and the Weirs was booming back then.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote