View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #20
Pontoon Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbrown View Post
Dockside delivery is already part of the plan for the summer! We are trying to think of the best way to make it work. Our thoughts are to do delivery on the hour every hour to the docks. Any thoughts or ideas are more than welcome and thank you very much for your best wishes!!
Chefbrown, You asked for a few thoughts I hope you don't mind if I offer a couple. First of all every hour on the hour may not fit peoples schedule and on certain days dock space may be at a premium making it difficult to connect with boaters. So how about this. Find a high energy young person who can deliver to the docks on a bicycle. Put a sandwich board (no pun intended) on the bike saying :Another great lunch delivered by Lakeside Deli. Or, The lake is our Dining Room, or something to that effect. Put a bell on the bike and have him ring it like a crazy Ice Cream man every time he approaches the docks. Phone # and website on sandwich board and delivery person should pass out menus to other boats while making deliveries. Also after a long day on the boat people may not want to make dinner so why not promote order dinner ahead and pickup at dock. I am making myself hungry I gotta go.
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote