View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #179
mowtorman

Default Opechee Event

The first Lakes Region Waterski Boat Classic is in the books. Thanks to Forum members for helping to make the day a success. Special thanks to Ryan and Winnisquam Marine for providing a beautiful new pontoon boat and free rides for the afternoon. A number of people had their first boat ride. Turnout was light and we had 2 Magnums, a Sidewinder and a Hydrostream on the water. No one was light on the throttle. Opechee was perfect with very little boat traffic on a Saturday. I don't think we upset anyone with our presence. Lots of old skis and some race trophies and lots of knowledge about area boating history. There were various drop ins throughout the day. Special thanks to the Magnums and their generosity in giving so many rides. The Magnum ride is so unique, I don't think there is another boat that brings you so close to the water surface. I think they are one of the best looking boats ever made, and to have 2 in one place at one time was a treat. Couple of other boats made it to the launch but not on the water. Look for an article in the Laconia Citizen. Hopefully some pics will follow, I didn't take any. Anyone interested in helping to plan next summer's event please let me know.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote