View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #133
Sman

Default Will post pics

My dad was a driver in the races in the early 70's, maybe late sixties too...There is a plaque on the wall in our camp with dates. My family has many pics of him and others racing and pics of people in and around the weirs docks during the races. When I post them maybe you will recognize some of the people, maybe you are in them? I am curious to see if any of you knew my dad. I also have a picture of the hydrodyne with the twins on it. I will post some soon. Interesting thread, I was a bit young then so my only view is through the pics my family still has. I do have many memories of riding in the types of boats you talk about, checkmate, sidewinder and tahiti. Does anyone remember an orange tahiti called the "orange plus"? That was my dad's. I think he had stopped racing by the time he owned that. I have a pic of the greenwink and will post it, my recollection of the pic we have is when it had twins. It is a picture of it docked at Pig Island. I think I need to do some scanning first. Stay tuned.
Sman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sman For This Useful Post: