Thread: The Last Straw
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 04:05 PM   #20
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

I certainly agree that something really sinks in this whole story. I went out to the LRCT web site and read thier little rant about snowmobile access. They seem to be mostly concerned with liability issues, I'd have to say that I can understand thier concerns. At the same time allowing the public to access thier properties opens them to liability issues regardless of whether they are on foot, horseback, bike, snowmobile, camel, or whatever...Way I see it is they have had it in mind that there will be access to that property only by approved methods, which clearly eliminates anything motorized. If you read thier statement to the snowmobile issue they made that point quite clear if you pay attention to the way it is carefully constructed.

I would have a whole lot more respect for them if they would just tell the truth about the whole thing.

Hey I'm all for conservation, responsible use and preservation of natural areas, however the key word here is responsible USE. The closure of the property to selective activities shows the true motivation of those over there at the LRCT (AKA treehuggers, along with thier buddies at the AMC) and the more people that know about it the less likely they are to recieve continued donations from the masses.

It would be one thing if snowmobiling was a unorganized free for all, but the clubs and state together do a heck of a job.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote