View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #24
jetskier

Default Kawasaki and Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
I intended nothing different: It's just a "hop-skip-and-a-jump" to New Durham, and just 10 miles to Maine.

The "family friend" was quite insistent; however, a Lake Wentworth resident wrote me that a crash did occur on Lake Wentworth.

Since the victim was already seated in my car, there wasn't any "scooping" to be done. (But I understand what you say).

I'm reminded of an analogous statement adopted by self-defense advocates:

Maybe a little overstated?

Not all Medevac flights are life-or-death flights; moreover, last year there weere 28 fatal Medevac crashes nationally.

I'm agreeing with you on "stand-up" and "Jet-Ski", although there "stand-ups" that aren't Kawasaki—or was it a Suzuki? Are we clear on this yet?

Did you know that former VP Al Gore is saving Planet Earth—and owns a boat that carries a "ski-craft"?

>
>

Hey, this one looks like a "Jet-Ski"—or is it a "water-bike"?
The two primary manufacturers of standup watercraft are Kawasaki and Yamaha. There have been some other small companies that have built standups primarily for racing. I used to have a Kawasaki 750SX and I decided that I was too old for it and gave it to my brother in law. That was a mistake.

For a short period of time, waterbikes were manufactured and they look like a bike sort of with skis. They never became popular and are rarely seen. The sitdown watercraft has pretty much taken over the market except for the racing scene. Standups are still preferable for tricks and freestyle. Since I gave away my standup, I have only seen one other on the lake.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote