View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #43
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancoveguy View Post
I am throwing a b/s flag on the play. If I am up to date on my insurance and not legally required to wear a helmet, ie in NH or ME etc, the insurance WILL be covering me regardless of how stupid I am...Scoured the policy and nowhere does add an overly restrictive clause that punishes for adhering to the law of the state I am traveling in. Same goes for seatbelts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fully paid policy = coverage!

Exception- Military personnel. While on active duty, regardless of a states helmet law/seatbelt law, the military member is in violation of the UCMJ and will void their Gov't guaranteed life insurance. FYI- the military also requires a road guard vest (orange flag man's vest) as well while riding a motor cycle on or off base.

One little known advantage of a state that has a helmet law. Motorcycle theft is exponentially lower. Who carries a helmet just in case they wanna steal a bike? Who can get very far on a stolen bike with no helmet?

No opinion on the helmet law. If there is a law, I wear the DOT certified helmet. If there is no law, I wear said helmet 75-85% of the time.

Seatbelt law- I WILL not wear a seatbelt.

HCG
P.s.
I practice what I preach, as a police officer, I have never and will never issue a seatbelt ticket. But... I will ticket and tow a bike for no helmet or a blatant non-DOT helmet.
Hancoveguy;

Great honest reply! I am curious however, being a Police officer (thank you for your service!) in Massachusetts, what is it about seat belts you dislike, the forced law or do you not agree about the safety factor they supposedly provide.

Thanks!!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote