View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 12:11 AM   #42
trfour

Default The Gift Of Life, You Decide...

I had stored my 750 SS four Cylinder Super Sport and tuned, in Nashua for the winter. Picked it up in the spring and was on my way home on route three south. I got one of those looks in the rear view mirrors that said to me that someone behind me was speeding, closing fast, and in a defensive move I chose to get over into the breakdown lane to keep from being hit or overrun from behind. Well when I got into the breakdown lane, it was frozen with snow still covering the guardrails that would melt during the day and freeze during the evening. I was waring a DOT approved full faced helmet that very likely saved my life this day. It cracked on impact with my head hitting the roadway, along with many fractured ribs that I didn't find out about until I visited my doctor about a week later after reaching down behind my stereo to hook up some more speakers when I heard a crack and got some more pain.

Live Free Or Die is cool, just be alive.

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote