View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #17
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I'll tell you how it will go. They will make it a law to wear a helmet or lose federal highway funding. So this new helmet law will be a bi#$h to some people. You know....the tough guys...then in about two or three years everyone will be wearing them as a standard operating procedure and it will simply become something you do when you start your bike. You'll put on your helmet, and go for just as nice a ride as you used to before the helmet law. Just like the...tough guys...in MA and all those other helmet wearing States. Oh you can stomp you feet, swear and spit on the sidewalk, but the helmet law will be here someday. Better go out and buy that shiny new lid and break it in.....

People will adjust to it, just like the Lake speed limits, the toll booths, the roundabout in Meridith, the speed traps in Moultonborough, the upcoming NH State sales tax, (You know it is coming...) etc, etc, etc, etc, etc....We are Americans. We Adapt. It will not kill anyone to wear a helmet and possibly save your life someday. Maybe then you will thank that g@d da* politician that made you wear it....Just like seat belts. Seat belts that saved my life one day in 1999 when I hit a rock wall in my Chevy Malibu. Wish I would have been wearing a helmet that day too.

Well that is my sermon for the day. Taken from Lakesrider 3:16....

Last edited by Lakesrider; 11-17-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post: