View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default I can govern myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
N.B.;

I have to disagree and here's why... If it was all about safety why aren't helmets required when driving automobiles?? According to the NHTSA in 2003 there were 42,643 automobile deaths in the US. Of those deaths 90% were caused by head injuries. In that same year there were 3,661 motorcycle fatalities. Wouldn't a heck of a lot more lives be saved if automobile drivers wore helmets??... or for that matter why isn't someone pushing for legislation to require all licensed drivers auto or motorcycle to wear helmets??

Knowing that wearing a helmet in an automobile would save a lot of lives would you be for it?? If not why??

I ride and wear a helmet, not all the time but many times and anyone would be an idiot to say that helmets do not help in low speed crashes. However I feel that is my decision whether to wear one or not and not the governments. I am sick of "big brother" trying to save me from myself. When does government intervention end??...

Dan
That is the reason why no matter where I am I do not wear a seatbelt whether in NY, NH or anywhere else.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote